Objective of the award
To honour a woman scientist who has provided an original contribution to Science in India, with research of high quality which is relevant and beneficial to society.
Criteria for selection
Innovative and high quality research and work; the research must benefit social needs and the research work must have been done in India.Carrying an award of Rs. 51,000 and a citation.
Nominations are invited for this award from Heads of Departments/ Directors of recognized Science Institutions/Universities for suitable candidates.
- The research work must have been done in India in the period of last 5 years.
- The nominee must have provided significant contribution to Science while working in India.
- The quality rather than quantity of publications will be considered.
Please provide a paragraph (250 words) highlighting original research work done in India and its impact in the field touching upon its benefit to the wider society. Nominations, along with CV of the nominees & best 5 publications are to be sent to:
Streeshakti Science Award
C/o Streeshakti, 8A, Middleton Street, Kolkata - 700071
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Jaya S. Tyagi
- Prof. B.K. Thelma
- Prof. Shobhana Narasimhan, 2010
- Prof. Usha Bhosle, 2010
- Dr. Charusita Chakravarty, 2009
- Prof. Rupamanjari Ghosh, 2008
- Prof. Manikuntala Kundu, 2007
- Dr. Neelima Gupte, 2006
- Dr. Chitra Dutta, 2006
- Dr. Anuradha Lohia, 2005
- Dr. Aruna Dhathathreyan, 2005
- Dr. Soniya Nityanand, 2004
- Dr. Anita Mehta, 2004
- Prof. Shobhona Sharma, 2003
- Dr. Ravindranath, 2002
- Professor Pratima Sinha, 2001
- Indrani Bose, 2000